Today we talked to Coach Michael Chatman, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Men’s Basketball and Golf at Stanford University. He takes a very commonsense approach with yet some very unique perspectives on the way he approaches training for his athletes.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Anti-Rotation and Plyometrics to improve rotational power
- Gary Gray 3D Analysis
- Getting athlete buy-in with small wins
- Meeting athletes where they are
- Importance of understanding ‘What’s your program and why’
- Advantages of the Front squat,
- The forgotten art of Work capacity
- Data, GPS, and a subjective spoken questionnaire
- Disciplining athletes with ‘First strike is a warning shot, and second shot you get shot’
- My personal favorite ‘Don’t worry about all the things, just know what you know’
- And so much more
THE BARBELL LIFE IS SPONSORED BY:
American-made strength equipment manufacturer providing the best quality, best value, best support & best people so you can build a better athlete.