The Arnold was a blast, but man, it is good to be back in my own bed! Training was hit or miss last week, so glad to have two training days (even if they weren’t the best) under my belt this week.
I’m in Week 10 of this extended 14-week training cycle. And, it is kicking my butt!! Not sure if it is the week I’m on, coming back off of the trip, allergies, or a combination of them all. The show must go on and I’ll just be over here doing work! 🙂 Meet is in 4 1/2 weeks and I am bringing my ‘A’ game!!!
Monday Day 1
I was supposed to use bands, but my set up is not ideal for bands right now, so I did the program minus the bands.
High Bar Back Squats
- Step 1 – 50% (155#) 4×5 with 60 seconds rest b/t (should have had 25% band tension here)
- Step 2 – work up to heavy double roughly RPE8-9 (should have been with the bands), but worked up to 255#/116k and stopped. I wanted to adhere to the RPE rule of the day.
- Step 3 – no bands for 1rm (worked up to 275#/125k and called it a day).
Rib is still tender especially with a belt on and even more so when I take the belt off, but it is better every day!!
Deadlifts 8×1 starting at 70% working to heavy – 250# – 275# – 295# – 325# – 335# – 350#F As you can see, I overestimated my abilities and didn’t even hit 8 singles. The 335# was with no belt, which is a new beltless PR. Put the belt on for 350# with no luck. Some days the lift is there and others it isn’t.
ss Box Jumps 3×3 with 20″ focusing on explosion and landing at parallel
- GHDs (Back Ext) 3×8
- BB Rear Leg Elevated Split Squats RPE8 4×5 w/75#
Tuesday Day 2
No Front Squats on the program this week!!
I have to honestly say that so far this week, it doesn’t feel like my muscles are firing like I need them to. I could feel it from the moment I got on the barbell.
Slingshot Bench Press 2rm – worked my way up to 185#/84k. The second rep got off path and became a grinder. Decided to call it and focus on my next part of the program instead.
Competition Grip Bench Press
- 83% x 5 (145#)
- 88% x 3 (155#)
- 90% x 1 (157.5#)
- 95% x AMAP (165#) – 1 rep today and it was a grinder!!
- Close Grip Floor Press (should have had 50# of chains, but don’t have them) 5rm then -10% for 5+ – hit 135# and then dropped to 115# for 12 reps.
- Rope Pulls – 3×12
- Bent over Barbell Rows w/2 second pause on sternum 4×5 with 105#
So far this week, everything has felt slow and heavy. It’s all good! Trusting the process and moving forward!
Next Meet: April 8