We are eight days away from releasing our two new E-Books “MashJacked: Hypertrophy to Improve all Sports” and “Train Stupid: Philosophy and Programming of Nathan Damron”. You can pick up my Free E-Book “Mash Method” to learn several ways to crush plateaus, and that will get you on the list as well.
Working Out Again and Update
Man this has been a crazy year. By January I was well on my way to getting in the best shape of my life, and then tragedy struck. I tore my right triceps tendon performing a routine Power Snatch. There were definite warning signs that I ignored like major pain in my elbow. Lesson learned!
Then I was getting ready to start the rehab process, and then I fell down the stairs late one night. I tore the same tendon again. Now two surgeries later, I am working out again. This week has looked like this:
Back Squat worked up to 143kg/315lb x1
Leg Extension 4 x 12
DB Lateral Raises 3×10
DB Flies 3×10
Pec Deck 3 x 10
Back Squat 182kb/400lb x 1, 140kg/308lb x 3
Goodmornings Wide Stance 3×5 with 70kg/154lb
Lateral Raises 3 x 10
Plate Front Raises 3 x 10
As you can see I am trying to strengthen all the muscles around the damaged tendon. Range of Motion is the real concern. I can flex my arm to about 90 degree right now, and that’s it. I have a long ways to go to perform Cleans again.
My goal right now is to get back into descent shape in the strength department. Next week I will add some “No Weaknesses” Conditioning with Coach Ox Mason, and then I will just progress from there.
I really want to focus on four main lifts:
• Bench Press
That is when I am rehabbed and ready to go. Here are my main goals:
• Compete at a high level in Powerlifting
• Clean 400lb
• Cut my body fat with our “Eat What You Want” Nutrition Program!
• And one athletic goal that I am not releasing yet. I need to see if I can get fast and jump high again. I will need my friend Coach William Bradley for this endeavor.
Basically I want to get strong, be athletic, lean up, and get healthy. As long as I can squat, I enjoy going into the gym. I am excited to be back. Hopefully I can stay healthy the rest of the year, and maybe along the way I can inspire some of you to reach for your own goals.
I won’t lie. These injuries have been rough mentally for me. My wife has kept me sane and grounded. She asked me multiple times, “What’s God trying to teach you?” I am still fleshing that out. I have some ideas, but I need more time to understand. I am sure that God will reveal that answer in His own perfect timing.
Check out one of our seven E-Books:
• “Squat Every Day” (High Frequency Squat Programming)
• “Eat What You Want” (Nutrition, Macros, and a built-in Macro Calculator
• “Squat Every Day 2” (Part 2 of High Frequency Squat Programming)
• “No Weaknesses” (Defeat Muscular Imbalances crush the Recovery Game)
• “Mash Program Sampler” (Athletic Performance, Oly, Powerlifting, and Functional Programming)
• “The Mash Blueprint for Program Design” (Learn all about Programming)
• “Performance Zone” (Defeat all Mental Roadblocks)
• “Train Stupid” and “MashJacked” drop April 21st
Check them out here: ⇒ Mash Elite E-Books