A few weeks ago, I wrote an article on my personal blog describing the mission of our 501(c)(3) nonprofit weightlifting team and our future plans. You can read that one here if you want to.
SUCCESS AND GOALS
To summarize, we have succeeded in some areas and look to improve in a few others:
- Our athletes are succeeding
- Four on the 2018 senior world yeam
- Two locked on the 2019 youth world team
- Four looking to make a Junior Team next year
- Two more youth making a bid for a youth unternational team
- Three up and coming seniors looking to make Team USA
- We want to develop the at-risk program by hiring a full-time person
We’ve been overwhelmed with your generous donations. Meanwhile we are trying our hand at using our resources to raise our own funds. What better way than to let all of you join in on some fun competitions?
THE ONLINE MEET
Coach Crystal McCullough developed the Feats of Strength Online Meet happening January 10th-13th. We know that we cater to a diverse group of barbell lovers, so we made a few different divisions:
- Olympic Weightlifting (Snatch and Clean and Jerk)
- Powerlifting (Squat, Bench, and Deadlift)
- SuperTotal (Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Squat, Bench, and Deadlift)
Here are some of the prizes you can look forward to:
- Prizes include the top male and female athlete being offered a spot on Team Mash Mafia with Coach Mash as your head coach!
- $500 in gift certificates from Mash Elite Performance
- Beautiful kilogram change plates from Intek Strength
- Gifts from Wodfitters.com being considered
- Gifts from Harbinger Fitness being considered
- Gifts from MG12 being considered
- Gifts from Nike Weightlifting being considered
SUPPORT THE MASH MAFIA BY COMPETING IN OUR ONLINE MEET
THE MASH MAFIA APPRECIATES YOUR SUPPORT
*Smash Weight and Win Prizes
*Join in on the Fun
*All Proceeds Donated to Our Non-Profit Team
MAJOR UPCOMING FINANCIAL NEEDS
It should be fun for our followers. 100% of all the proceeds will go to our non-profit 501(c)(3). We have a lot of fundraising for 2019 mainly because our athletes are going to be flying all around the world with Team USA. Our coaches are being required to travel to Fiji, Cuba, Guatemala, Peru, Ecuador, and Thailand just to name some of the countrie we have to go to. Since it is the Olympic qualifying period, we might have to travel to other countries for the sake of our athletes.
The secondary goal is hiring a full-time person for our at-risk program. We want someone who can develop the program, build relationships, and help transport the youth. It’s a lot, but we want to impact our community. We can do it with your help.
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We know our goals are high, but we have some amazing followers who want to see our athletes succeed, and that want to see the at risk youth in our community given more opportunities.
I hope that you guys will help us out this holiday season. If not, no big deal! We are just happy that you follow this crazy team.