What a week! Morgan has been sick most of the week and it finally hit me on Thursday night!! Friday was not pleasant at all!! If you know me at all, I will train through just about anything; I didn’t train on Friday!! So, on Saturday, I did my main movements from Day 5 (Squat and Deadlift) and on Sunday I did my main movement (Bench) plus all of my accessory work from Days 5 and 6.
Saturday 2/11 Day 5
Mash Method Squats – new rep scheme of 2-6-2-6-2-6. (Goal is to add 5k/10# to each set if possible)
- Set 1 – 85% x 2 (270#/123k) rest 2 minutes 70% x 6 (225#/102k)
- Set 2 – 280#/127k x 2 rest 2 minutes 235#/107k x 6
- Set 3 – 290#/132k x 2 rest 2 minutes 245#/111k x 6
No PR’s but that is perfectly ok. The way the program read this week, I would have have had to jump quite a bit for a PR and after the debacle of sickness on Friday, I was super happy to hit these numbers!! Both sets felt good and pretty fast actually! PRs next week at the Mash Compound 🙂
Deadlift (Max Effort) – 5rm off 8″ blocks then -10% for 5
- worked my way up to 305#/138.6k with no belt
- down set at 275#
Sunday 2/12 Day 6 (and then some)
Gave myself plenty of time to get everything done I needed to do!!
Mash Method Bench Press – new rep scheme of 2-6-2-6-2-6. (Goal is to add 5k/10# to each set if possible)
- Set 1 – 85% (150#/68k) x 2 rest 2 minutes 70% (125#/57k) x 6
- Set 2 – 160#/72.7k x 2 rest 2 minutes 135#/61k x 6
- Set 3 – 170#/77k x 2 rest 2 minutes 145#/66k x 6
Matched my 2rm PR here. Not sure where the set of 6 is on the PR scale, but I would say it is pretty close 🙂
From Saturday –
- KB Deadlift Band Hip Ext 3 x 1 minute
- Farmer Walks 3 x 30 yards w/53# KB
- Plank w/ lat pull holds 3 x 30 seconds each side
From Sunday –
- Nosebreakers 6×8 ss OH Band Tricep Extensions 6×15 (30 sec rest b/t sets)
- DB Hammer Curls 3×10 w/15# DBs
- Rows ss DB Rear Delt Flies 3×10+10 (underhand rows w/75# ss 15# DBs)
Finished off Sunday with some conditioning. I didn’t push too hard. Just wanted to break a sweat and get some movement in. It was a beautiful day!!
AMRAP 30: 500m Row, 400m Run, 30 Cals on Assault Bike, 20 KBS w/35#, 10 Burpees. Ended up with 2 full rounds plus 900m.
Sunday night, Morgan and I (plus a few friends) got a chance to go see the Newsboys in concert and meet them 🙂 Wonderful night of worship! I highly recommend you check out their music!! And yes, I do dress up every once in a while!! 🙂