Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, or get jacked, check out the “Mash Eat What You Want Program” for all of you Nutrition needs. Check it out today at the link below:
The 3-Day Mash Camp is happening at the Compound July 8-10. Max Out Friday and Dinner with the team on the 8th, seminar on the 9th, and meet seminar followed by a sanctioned meet on the 10th. To find out more, check out the link below:
5 Delicious & Healthy Breakfast Ideas by Emily Drew Mash
I think I could eat breakfast foods for the rest of my life, every day, three times a day. Breakfast is so good. A delicious breakfast just means you’re going to have a great day.
I often hear from my clients that breakfast is the hardest meal to figure out. “Healthy” breakfast foods other than egg whites are seemingly non-existent. Lunch and dinner is a simple lean meat and vegetable, but breakfast foods are usually simple carbs, sugar, and a lot of fat. BUT it doesn’t have to be that way. Breakfast can still taste like breakfast and not ruin your eating plan.
Here are a few of the Mash family’s favorite breakfast staples:
• Mexican Omelet
o 5 egg whites
o Onions, peppers, mushrooms
o ½ cup of black beans
o One Roma tomato
1. Sautee onions, green peppers, and mushrooms in skillet then set aside in a bowl.
2. Make an omelet with as many egg whites as needed (I usually use 5).
3. Slightly mash one serving of black beans and heat. Spread inside omelet.
4. Finish filling omelet with sautéed vegetables
5. Top with diced tomato and cilantro (or salsa)
• Chocolate Oatmeal
o Old Fashioned Oats
o Competitive Edge Chocolate Protein Powder
• There are a couple ways you can make this depending on your taste. Travis and I eat this a couple times a week but we have our own versions:
• Travis’: Prepare ½ cup dry oatmeal according to package. Let cool about one minute. Add two scoops of Competitive Edge chocolate protein powder and one heaping scoop of peanut butter. Delicious.
• My version: Mix one scoop of Competitive Edge chocolate protein powder and ¼ cup dry oatmeal. Add water just until mixed. It’s more of a “pudding” texture with oatmeal in it. Also, delicious!
• Breakfast Sandwich. I love Starbucks reduced-fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich. The macros aren’t too bad, and I do indulge in one every once in a while, but this is easy and healthy. Plus, you can make like 5 sandwiches for the price of one from Starbucks.
o Whole wheat English muffin (I buy Thomas brand with double fiber)
o 2 egg whites
o 2 pieces of Canadian bacon
o One slice of Sargento extra thin cheddar cheese (I think they just started making this a few months ago. It’s perfect when you need just a little cheese.)
• Toast English muffin in the oven. When almost ready, add cheese to one side and Canadian bacon on the other side to heat.
• Meanwhile, cook egg whites in skillet.
• Put together and EAT! So good.
• Lemon Blueberry Muffins: They are delicious for breakfast…or anytime really. Check out this blog post for the recipe and a couple others: http://www.mashelite.com/recipes-from-cinnamon-coffee-cake-lemon-blueberry-muffins-and-travis-protein-peanut-butter-balls/
• Apple cinnamon protein pancakes (Recipe makes 2 servings) Below is the pancake recipe. It can be adjusted to make almost any flavor you like. Also, these pancakes freeze well, so make a huge batch and freeze individual size servings for super busy mornings.
o 1 cup oat flour (or use dry oatmeal)
o 2 scoops Competitive Edge vanilla whey protein
o 1 tbsp. baking powder
o Pinch of salt
o Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
o 3 egg whites
o ½ cup applesauce
o Dash of vanilla flavor
• Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
• Mix all wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
• Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir just until moist. (If mixture is too dry, add 1 Tbsp. of water at a time)
• Cook in a skillet or on a griddle pan just like a pancake.
• Morning Mocha: this is great as a low-carb breakfast by itself or to enjoy along with any of the above breakfast ideas.
o Cold brew coffee
o Competitive Edge chocolate or vanilla protein powder
o Coconut or Almond milk to taste
• Mix all together and enjoy!
For more ideas from Emily Drew on the Daily, follow her on Instagram @EmilyDrewMash
For ongoing help with your nutrition and training, check out Eat & Lift What You Want Online Team!