Normally Thursdays are a little slower because it’s the day before Max Out Friday. That’s what I was planning on doing during this session, but things took a turn for the heavier once I got to the compound. Since I didn’t train Monday I mixed the programming from Wednesday and Thursday. I was planning on doing some light block power clean + push jerks and light squats. I ended up push jerking to max with Jackie and squatting heavy, then I crushed accessory work with Meg. Here’s how the workout went.
Block Power Clean + Push Jerk:
- empty bar
- 45 1×1+2
- 65 1×1+1
- 75 1×1+1
- 85 1×1+1
- 90 1×1+1
- 95 1×1+1
- 100 1×1+1 This ended up being a clean + a push jerk but a PR is a PR!!
Back Squat + Chains: I worked up to a heavy double and then did some drop sets
- 121kg + 30kg of chain for 1×2
- 101kg + 30kg of chains for 2×5
I decided to only do two drop sets because Max Out Friday was only 24 hours away.
- Sled Rope Pulls 5x20ish yards with 50-65kg
- Sled Bear Crawls 4x20ish yards with not enough weight 1×40 with the plates + Meg
- TRX Knee Tucks 4×12
I have very poor aerobic capacity, so the last bear crawl was pretty tough. That just means I need to do them more because I shouldn’t be as worn out as quickly as I do.