I had a pretty fun week of training last week. It’s still super hard to be patient and keep the weights really light, but at least I’m back to doing what I love. Kinda. Working on staying positive and enjoying the process.
- Muscle Snatches 5×4 25kgs
- 1st time going from the floor. So that was cool
- Strict Press 1×5 40kg, 1×5 43kg, 3×5 45kg, 1×10 40kg
- Press in Split 5×5 25kg
- Shoulder Bro session 8lbs 3 rounds
- DB lateral raise x10 +
- DB Front raise x10 +
- DB clean and press x10
- More Shoulders
- Plate front raise 3×10 10kg +
- Plate Lateral Raises 3×10 2.5kg
- Lunges 100 reps
- No Feet Power Snatch from Blocks 5×3 30kg
- No Feet Power Clean from Blocks 8×5 35kgs
- Coach Don let me go a bit heavier than previously planned, because he felt bad for me.
- Kang Squats 5×8 15kg
- Bottom of squat for 5min
I hadn’t been to the gym on a Saturday for a long time, so I decided to do a conditioning/work capacity circuit and just have some fun outside.
- 5 Rounds
- Bamboo Bar carries fwd/bkw 40lb KB’s
- Farmers Carries 50Yard each side 50lbs
- Tire Flips x12
- Ball Slams x20
- Blood restriction Lunges x50
- Blood Restriction Split Squats 3×20 40lbs
- Been doing some reading about blood flow restriction training, so I figured I’d give it a try. Definitely got a good pump from it.
- 1 leg squats 5x8e
- I wanted to keep my quad pump going. My left leg is definitely a lot stronger now than my left is, so I’ll be working to even them out during these next couple of weeks. I can do actual unassisted pistol squats on my left leg now, with ease (I’ve never actually been able to do this before) I guess spending 6 weeks on crutches really strengthened my leg. But I still need a band to assist the squats on my left leg. This is mainly due to the limited dorsi flexion in my right ankle. I’ll get there.
- 5 min squat stretch
- Ankle mobility
Days until my next Doc Apt: 29
Body Weight: 61.9kgs