Check out The “Eat What You Want” E-Book to understand nutrition better. With a built-in Macro Calculator, you will have all the tools necessary to getting your nutrition in check.
Check them out here: ⇒ “Eat What You Want”
STAYING ON TRACK DURING THE HOLIDAYS by Paluna Santamaria
I’m going to keep this one straight and to the point: staying on track during the holidays is easy.
If you have trouble with this you may be forgetting what the holidays are truly about.
Holidays, regardless of your beliefs are about celebrating in community. It’s about being in company of those you love or have something in common with. Yes, in most cases we do this through prepping and sharing food but the truth is, you’d be equally happy eating an apple as you’d be eating a donut if you are having a great time.
Once you have the above in mind, there are a couple of things you can do to make navigating those situations a bit easier.
1. Remember what the holidays are about. Food or no food, you are in good company. Enjoy it!
3. Keep your goals in mind. Based on your goals, sometimes you can allow yourself more flexibility.
5. The fact that you can eat as much as you want anytime you want doesn’t mean you have to!
7. Don’t stop eating through the day so you can eat everything at the party. Unless you have insane will power and don’t mind making yourself miserable through the day it’s best to fuel yourself with nutritious food and smaller portions so you can enjoy a bit of everything at the party.
9. Sharing is caring. Try a bit of everything by sharing all dishes.
11. Mind your portions. If you don’t eat a whole baked potato on a regular basis, why do it now?
13. Fats and carbs are the easiest to get, especially during the holidays so cover your basis first: veggie, protein, hydration.
15. If you enjoy alcohol, pace yourself and give yourself a limit before the party starts.
17. And last but not least, do not allow yourself to feel guilty for ANY of your choices. Whatever they are, it is not the end of the world. You have the power to get back on track as soon as possible.
What are your tactics? Comment and share them with us!!
Check out one of the Eat What You Want Online Teams:
Check them out here: ⇒ ‘Team Eat and Lift What You Want’
Paluna is a movement enthusiast by nature. As a child she participated in martial arts as well as being part of a swimming team for three years. Always an athlete she went on to play basketball for 4 consecutive years in high school as well as completing a Bachelor degree in Arts with a specialty in modern dance. She spent the years following graduation as a dancer and aerial performer. In 2005 she moved to Canada taking a break from performing to pursue a career in the fitness industry. She is now a certified Personal Trainer with additional training in Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebell, Pre/Post natal and Nutrition. Always curious about movement and looking for a challenge Paluna found weightlifting. She trained and competed under bulgarian legend Alex Varbanov from 2012-2016.