Week 9 Post Op
Fridays are always the hardest mentally for me. Fridays are the day when everyone comes in ready to work, ready to hit big numbers. They are usually going heavy, maxing out, or maxing out a fun complex in both the snatch and the clean and jerk. The music is blasting and everyone’s working. Fridays are definitely the most fun day of the week… when you’re healthy.
It’s honestly been so hard for me to sit back and watch. I believe it’s been 11 or 12 Friday’s since I’ve been able to participate and lift heavy. Yeah, I’m happy for my teammates when they hit new PR’s, but man, it breaks my heart that I can’t participate. Most Friday’s I’ve been coming in early, so I can get my stuff done and get out of the way for everyone else to lift. I always feel like I’m in the way, and that I’m not doing anything important. I usually stick around and watch for a while, then go home and cry.
It’s been such a hard journey so far, but I’m going to make it through and I’m going to come back stronger. Eventually. Anyways, enough of my pity party. I’m just trying to be real, and let you know that if you’re going through and injury you’re not alone. It sucks, and you don’t know how badly it sucks until you actually experience it. I’ve dedicated the past 2 years of my life to this sport, I moved across the country for the sport, I’ve sacrificed so much for this sport, I love this sport. It kills me on the inside not to be able to train hard, but I’m doing everything I can.
- No Feet Power Snatches from blocks 10ishx3 35kgs
- No Feet Power Cleans 5ishx3 35kgs 5ishx3 40kgs
- I feel pretty fast, the movements feel so natural. I hope the full lifts feel natural as well, once I’m allowed to do them.
- Kang Squats 5×6 25kgs
- My bottom position is starting to feel a lot more comfortable. Coach Don says its better than it’s ever been before. So, that’s encouraging.
- BB Hip Thrusters with band around the knee 5×10 45Kg +
- Banded KB RDL 5×10 40lbs
- 5 Minute squat
Days Until My Next Doc Apt: 24
Body Weight: 62.8