Do You Really Want to be Great?
Last night I was talking with Zach Even-Esh and Aaron Moore about the attributes of winning. A lot of people talk a big game about wanting to be the best at this or that, but I don’t think that they really know what they are talking about. Do you really want to be the best at something? I mean really the best? Let’s look!
• Are you willing to stay home when everyone is going out to have fun?
• Are you willing to train on a Saturday instead of sleeping in?
• Are you willing to healthy when everyone around you is eating pizza?
• Are you willing to continue coming in the gym even when you have bee stalled out for six months?
• Are you willing to train around major back pain and knee pain?
• Are you willing to push your sport right to the edge where injury, possible death and greatness sit side by side?
• Are you willing to get up at 5am to train before school or work?
• Are you willing to attach your weaknesses with the same determination that you attack your strengths?
• Are you willing to take constructive criticism from your coach on the daily?
• Are you willing to push your body to the point that it only feels good during training?
• Are you willing to Not Quit No Matter What?
If you can’t answer YES to all of these, then you don’t want to be the best. Stop lying to yourself and everyone around you. It’s ok! Obviously everyone can’t be the best. That’s why when I won the World Championships twice; I was the only one on the #1 Podium. There weren’t two of us!
I just wanted to give you all a reality check this Friday morning before Max Out Friday! Think about these questions, and start being honest with yourself! Now go out there and crush life!
Coach Mash Elite Performance
Join the Mash Mafia Online Team! Click here for more information: