I’m not going to lie. This toothache has been the thorn in my side for a week now. It is so aggravating and, at times, down right debilitating. However, I refuse to let it keep me from reaching my goals. I did find out that I need a root canal (so the dentist says), so I plan on having it done the beginning of the week, so I will be good to go for my meet. Please pray for me that all goes as planned!! I plan on showing up and showing out next Saturday 🙂
Thursday Day 4
This is my shorter day. I get to work on accelerating through the entire portion of my bench using bands, which are pretty cool. I trained in a different place this week, so bands were a little different and I truly believe there was more band tension than last week.
Bench Press (alternate grip) with resistance bands
- 35% + bands (65#) – 2 x 3
- 45% + bands (80#) – 2 x 3
- 55% + bands (95#) – 2 x 2
- 3 x 1 working up – 105# + bands, 115# + bands, 125# + bands
- Dumbbell Front Raises 3 x 10 with 15# DBs
- Feet Elevated Bodyweight Horizontal Ring Rows 3 x submaximal (10/10/10)
- Lying DB External Rotation 3 x 10 each side with 15#
Friday Day 5
Love our weekends at the Mash Compound!! Wanted to make sure I got up there for my last heavy weekend! It didn’t disappoint. The atmosphere was on fire!!
Mash Method Squats
- 95% (138k) x 1 rest 2 minutes 85% (123k) x 3
- 142k/312.4# x 1 rest 2 minutes 128k x 3
- 147k x 1 (FAIL) rest 2 minutes 130k x 3 (racked it after the 2nd rep)
Deadlifts Max Effort from 2″ blocks 1 rm – worked my way up to 375# which is a PR for sure from the ground or from that height!!
It was crazy busy in the gym, so I packed up and waited to do the extra accessory work on my Day 6.
Saturday Day 6
Mash Method Bench Press
- 95% (167.2#) x 1 rest 2 minutes 150# x 3
- 172.2# x 1 rest 2 minutes 155# x 3
- 180# PR x 1 rest 2 minutes 162.2# x 3
I am telling you!! That is the best my bench has felt this cycle!!!!
- Band Pushdowns 3 x 10
- Seated DB Rows w/35# 3 x 10
- Elevated BB Hip Thrusts w/band at knees 3 x 10 with 130#
- Side Plank with Band Row 3 x 25 seconds each side
This was a great way to end my last full week of training before my meet!! One week to go with a taper!!!
Next Meet: April 8