So many coaches want to look at only their piece of the puzzle.
They want to write a training program and then bark at their athletes to lift more, lift more, lift more.
The more I coach, the more I realize that success comes when we are able to view the athlete as an entire person. They have lives. They have stress.
How they eat matters. Their relationships matter. Their sleep matters. Their mental game matters.
Dr. Tommy John joins us on the podcast today to go deep on that very subject. He is also a huge believer on understanding the full picture when you look at an athlete.
And that gets us into a deep discussion about injury, sleep, and the realities of mental health.
THE SEMINAR SERIES TO RULE THEM ALL
In-Person or Live Streamed
Recordings Available to Those Who Register
For Coaches and Athletes
Strength and Conditioning, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Technique, Programming, Business, and the Art of Coaching
LISTEN IN TO TODAY’S PODCAST AS WE TALK ABOUT:
- Moving from symptom-based to…?
- The problems with a team of practitioners
- Assessing the neural system
- The subtle aspects of maximizing sleep quality that no one is talking about
- Getting real and personal about family history of mental health issues
- and more…